Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hero's Mask (Maybe!)

The funniest thing happened the other day...

I was playing on my best file of Wind Waker, one of the few we have beat the final boss more than 2 times. It was the first ever file - no, not just the only file in Wind Waker but in EVERY Zelda game - that we beat. All we do on that file now is fool around and search for the missing bottle that I can't seem to find anywhere.

However, just the other day something totally weird happened. My sister was talking about this item that you can get apparently by giving the teacher in Windfall 40 Joy Pendants that will allow you to see enemies health. Never before had I heard on it, so none of our files had it. So of course I went for our best file, which would most likely have the most Joy Pendants. And, would you beleive it: I had exactly 40!

I turned them in, and the teacher handed me this weirdo ugly item that I beleive was called the Hero's Mask. My sister and I were so excited, so right away we equipted it... but we were disappointed to find that unlike other items such as the bracelets that let you pick up heavy objects, you actually had to WEAR it.

Well, we didn't care. This item was too awesome to worry about style! So we went out and had some fun using the Song of Passing and sneaking in to the Eskimo guy's shop thousands of times, pretending he COULDN'T see who we were because of the mask. Then I somehow figured out how to sidle against his shop table without talking to the poor girl. With that done, I also discovered that you can duck while sidleing... I never knew that! We made up some crazy dance then.

Finally, I wanted to try out my new Hero's Mask. So, for some stupid reason, I thought for sure it would work on Gannondorf. So I treked all the way to the Tower of the Gods and traveled through Hyrule Castle and Gannon's Tower to get to Puppet Gannon's room. I jumped into the teleporting pot and ended up right outside. With my mask still on, I Hookshoted up and began battling.

Of course it didn't work. But in that time I found out a super easy way to beat Gannon. All you have to do is L Target him, then keep hopping from side to side and backwards! Zelda does all the work then, shooting light arrows at him. All you have to do is wack him while he is stunned. After Zelda's knocked out, you can still use my technique. You will parry, because you press A to jump and to parry. Eventually Zelda will wake. Talk to her, then L Target Gannon again and simply use your shield. After only one hit, press A to parry and he will be defeated.

Hah... my Hero's Mask is very helpful! Discovering this new way made me fight the boss over and over and over... but I got tired of the cutscenes after about 20 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment