Monday, January 31, 2011

I GUESS this is my TP post.

Really, though, I have a LOT better news than my Twilight Princess completion in three days thing. I barely remember it anymore. But just last night, I did something awesome:

I COMPLETED MINISH CAP!

Yaaaaayyyy! :D

But let's see here: I just have ONE story to tell about the TP run, okay? And also, a schedual that I came up with forever ago. It's mostly for MY future reference, since you people probably don't care about it (if you care about any of my stuff, lol - but I hope I'm somewhat entertaining, considering that I now have FIFTEEN FOLLOWERS! Thank you!).

So, here... I wrote this down based on the "Wii Play Data" that gives exact times on how long I spent on TP and OoT over the three days, as well as exact dates. Yeah.

It started on Wednesday, 12/22, playing OoT for 7 hours, 4 minutes.

Thursday, 12/23, played OoT for, *sigh*, 17 hours, 6 minutes. (DANG WATER TEMPLE!)

Friday, 12/24, played OoT for 5 hours, 47 minutes. Completed it. Yayz!

Saturday, 12/25 - BREAK DAY! I didn't do anything on my Wii that day! lol.

Sunday, 12/26, played TP for 2 hours, 17 minutes. (and My Pokemon Ranch for one minute :P)

Monday, 12/27, played TP for 6 hours and 32 minutes. But the total Wii play time is 7 hours and 1 minute, because I was watching Nintendo Channel for a while. You know that Majora's Mask isn't on there, but LoZ, AoL, OoT, TP, ST, and PH are? What happened to MM?! O:

Tuesday, 12/28. Oh, geez... *gets out calculator* Okay, so if I subtract the 27 min. of OoT and the 25 min. of MM, then add up the, like, ten times I turned on and off the Wii for TP, I get... 4 hours, 48 minutes? Maybe? >.<

Wednesday, 12/29, played TP for 3 hours, 13 minutes. KIND OF completed TP... read below for more info. XD

Thursday, 12/30. All around Wii day. Played TP for some time over an hour (not checking again), then Sydney came over. She brought Dragon Quest Swords, then we played Brawl, then Nintendo Channel... yeah. Uh-huh. Why did I even post this part? O_o Probably just to prove I don't play ONLY Zelda games. XD

---

...So I said I "kind of" completed TP. Here's that story.

I finally reached Zant! Yay! Second-to-last boss in the game! Sweetness! However, I didn't save AFTER completing Zant. I do that on most of my Twilight Princess files, since I love him so much... as a boss! I mean, as a boss. Yes. XD So I was considering making this file the one-before-Zant file and finally saving on my first one after it beats Zant. The reason is that my first file has all the Heart Containers - except one. That one is what you get from defeating Zant. >.< Um... so I didn't save. That's all you really needed to know.

After Zant, I hurried back to Hyrule Castle. Just for the record, I skipped every cutscene I possibly could in the game. Yep. That means I literally had no storyline. If I'd been playing this for the first time... I would know NOTHING. I skipped the intro scene. I skipped children getting kidnapped. I skipped turning into a wolf. I skipped meeting Midna, meeting Zelda, saving the light spirits, fighting King Bulbin, saving Colin, creepy cutscene (really, the one after you save Lanayru is scary), finding Ilia, meeting Zant, Midna almost dying and Zelda saving her, meeting the sages, Blizzetta screaming "NOT TAKE MIRROR!" (which is sad, 'cuz I like that part), pwning Zant, meeting Ganondorf, pwning Ganondorf. Yep. :)

The oddest cutscenes I discovered I couldn't skip? ...Well, I only remember two, although there were a TON. But the strangest one was that you can't skip where Ilia gets her memory back. So I had to waste a full minute of my life just watching Ilia and Link stare at each other with stupid smiles on their faces and Epona neighing in the background. Seriously? O_o The second was the Master Sword cutscene. Yeah, that's why it's not listed above. I. COULDN'T. SKIP. IT. ...I can't believe I tried, either. XD So, they'll let you skip Zelda, but not the sword. Weird.

...I was talking about Zant, right?

I went in to Hyrule Castle. Gosh, I know that dungeon SO well. For instance, there's one part where you're supposed to turn into a wolf and use your senses to view these ghost guys that point in the direction to go across a path of blocks. If you run on the wrong block, it will fall. But I've done this so many times, I don't need to turn into a wolf. I just run on through on the exact path. As long as those invisible rats don't get me...

Then it's GANONDORF! O: I skipped everything before him, of course. XD Ganon's Puppet was easy (and fun! I had an obsession with the TP ending for a while, since I love it so much, and that's why I know Hyrule Castle so well), then on to Beast Ganon, then the horse-battle phase, and, finally, sword combat with the evil king!

That's where everything went wrong.

It's the final phase of Ganondorf. I was super excited, especially since it was so late - ten or something at night. Eventually, Link and Ganondorf lock swords, just like they're supposed to. Since I'd hit him a LOT (I have a pretty good strategy - if you're standing too close to him, he can't really hit you! :P) I figured this would be my last time pushing him to the ground. So I shifted the position of my fingers so I could use another finger besides my slow thumb to press the A button, which pushes him back. Then... I pressed a button...

...but it wasn't the A button... it was the POWER button on the controller...

So the Wii turned off.

And there you have it, folks! That's why I technically never completed TP in three... or four... days. Strangely, this didn't make me angry, like not saving normally does - no, I was struggling not to laugh at, like, 10 at night when everyone else was asleep in my house. But I found it so funny. So it's all right. You can laugh at my expense, at my epic fail. Go ahead.

NOW... MINISH CAP! I completed it last night, in some pizza restaurant. Really. It was good! ...The pizza, I mean. It was some kind of garlic chicken thing. XD No, but the ending of MC was good, too. But it caused the OoT ending song to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day - they play a section of it (at least, I'm pretty sure that's what that song was). I had headphones on, in case you were wondering how I could hear the music in a crowded restaurant. I'll have to go into detail later since, remember... this is my TP post! Plus, some fan fics just got updated... one of them is the last chapter... O:

Okay. Hope this entertains my wonderfulistical 15 followers. :)

...Ooh! A new word! DON'T STEAL!

3 comments:

  1. OH right i keep on forgetting to ask, have you linked the fanfics to your blog? like are there links in some obscure post i missed? I'm quite bored and feel like reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I did make a post all about fan fics earlier. HOWEVER, it only had the ones I read on the Sacred Realm, and I've found better stories since then on Fanfiction.net. I can't go on fanfiction.net on this computer, though. I'll make another post sometime where I can get on my other computer and go on the website. But the post that has the Sacred Realm fics and SOME of the titles of the fanfiction.net ones (no links, though, and I've found more since then) is here:

    http://medlismessages.blogspot.com/2010/09/zelda-fan-fiction.html

    But look out for my new fan fic post. I'm officially DETERMINED to make a new one, with improved fan fics listed. :D Especially since Zelda: A Fairytale was SO not better than The Return. The Return is the best fanfic I've ever read. I think I just favored that fairytale one because it was the first or second I read on there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, that's right! Well thank you. I look forward too it.

    oh, and Happy Valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete