Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Blade of Evil's Bane Prologue

Wow... too much blogging tonight...

But here. I kept my promise. Here's the prologue. I'm BEGGING you to comment and tell me your honest opinion. If it is absolute, total failure... let me know. I'm not used to writing from the villain's perspective, lol, so it might be bad. I'm actually not used to writing in third person AT ALL. So... tell me what you think. If you guys like it, I might post the first chapter (that I really dislike) and you could give me some advice.

Ooh, and remember to read the two posts below! They ARE new, I promise. Just don't feel like editing...

The Blade of Evil's Bane - Prologue

Power…

That was him.

He was the King of Evil, born leader of the Gerudo, would-be conqueror of Hyrule. He had worked so long to achieve his goal, and just when it was finally within his grasp…

…He should have won. He had all the power in the world and the strength to single-handedly take over an entire kingdom. How was it that he had lost?

Those two. The other Triforce bearers. They were the reason his dream had been shattered.

But how?

They did not have power. He had Power, the absolute kind that can only be rivaled by the Goddesses themselves. How did they defeat him?

Wisdom…

That was the princess.

She looked so fragile, seemed so helpless, he never imagined she would be a problem. What he hadn’t expected was for her to use the superior knowledge and magical abilities granted to her by the Triforce to fool him.

Somehow, he believed she would just sit away in a “safe” hiding spot, away from the rest of the world. Never did he suspect the mysterious Sheikah boy of actually being a princess, even if he was the one always helping the bearer of Courage.

How had he not seen it?

Courage…

That was the Hero.

That Goddess-forsaken Hero.

He had only been a boy, an orphan raised by a race of children. Children! And still he was granted the Goddess’ favor. He was given unbelievable Courage, the ability to take on anything. The worst part was that he could no disagree that the boy had done his tasks well. He defeated every monster presented before him, no matter how formidable.

He had defeated Ganon, the very embodiment of Power…

How?

Ganondorf clenched his fists, glaring uselessly at the eternal white mist all around him. It had seemed impossible. It was impossible. That boy had still done it, despite the odds.

The boy had Courage, but not Power. How had it come to this? He had… no… Power…

The Gerudo paused as he came to a sudden realization.

He did have power.

The power to repel evil.

The Master Sword.

Ganondorf grinned maliciously, a plan forming in his head. He knew how to get his long-awaited victory. He knew how to get his revenge. He knew just how to leave Hyrule and its Hero desperate and without hope or weapons. He just had to get rid of that sword…

It would be time very soon. Ganondorf could feel the seal weakening – why or how, he did not know. But he had asked “how” enough.

It was time to find out if Courage really could amount to Power… without the Blade of Evil’s Bane.

6 comments:

  1. Epicness!! lol, I never thought someone could make a fan fic out of a Zelda game... Rating? 10/10 YO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely serious when you say you've never done 3rd person before?

    It's actually Incredawesmazingtasticle.

    And this comes from a 14 y/o that has had plays he's written pass grade 12 drama XD, so yeah...its pretty epic.

    BTW!!!!

    I wrote a story for my friends English project, and I'm gonna upload to my blog so, check it out, rate it, comment, the works :D

    I'll explain further in the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS A TON, MICHAEL! :D You're the only one from my other blog who commented on here. Thanks a ton. :D

    Thanks to you, too, Lucas, but you always comments. I'm eternally greatful to you, so there's no need for me to repeat it a gazillion times. ;) Btw, I've wrote in third person before... just not recently. And definately nothing good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG AMAZING!!!
    Now you have 2 AWESOME stories to work on!!!!
    Still...
    SO COOL!
    ~Emma§

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super awesome for a Zelda story, 999999999999999.../10! I know that it is kind of a bad rating for you but...:D.
    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Emma! Thanks... Anonymous! Not a bad rating whatsoever. :D

    ...If anyone has any ideas for where the story should go now, rofl, I'm listening. I'm just having trouble with the beginning - it's got a temporary intro for now, but it's really stupid. The good stuff doesn't happen until Chapter 5, so I gotta shorten the extremely terrible intro.

    ReplyDelete