Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Very Zelda Halloween

Halloween... is, like, the bestest holiday. Um, why? Let me ask YOU a question first. Why would anyone think it ISN'T the bestest holiday?!? You get to dress up as random stuffs, whether scary or epiclatastical or pretty or different or WHATEVER you want. All my life, I've been either a princess, fairy, or some kind of... animal... thing. Like a cat. ...Or a Maril. Yeah, I was a Pokemon for Halloween once. I didn't always used to be Zelda addict - Pokemon DID come first. Deal with it. XD

HOWEVER...

This Halloween is SPECIAL. :D

The reason? If you can remember last Halloween on this blog (which you probably can't XD) then you'll know what I just so happened to dress up as. Princess Zelda. No kidding. And Sydney was Link the leprachaun (my fault for calling her that, lolz. Warning to candy-givers at houses while some kids dressed in weird Hylian costumes come up to your house: don't ask who the person in green is, or you'll get a LOT of screaming and arguing and name-calling. :P). Oh, and no one cares, but... Hunter was a Wraith from Wizard101 last year. So awesomeful! ;) Rowan was a witch; Paige was also a witch; Taryn was... some kind of devil-witch. XD I called them the Twinrova, despite the fact there were three of them. :P Mostly I was refering to Rowan and Paige, anyway, since Taryn technically called herself a Skeleton Bride.

So... this year! Some changes in our lineup of costumes... *ahem*

Last year, Sydney's Link costume wasn't from any specific game. She just had the basics: green tunic, green hat, some kind of foamy-sword thingy that was really fun to play with. :P This year, however, she's decided. She will be... MINISH LINK! So she's buying an Ezlo hat. Yayz.

Hunter won't be from Wizard101 this year - he's joining the Zelda bandwagon. :D He will be... VAATI! Hylian form, of course. Not the giant eye. XD So he'll probably have the long black/purple cloak and the wishing cap thingy. Ooh. Playing with the wishing cap will be almost as much fun as playing with Sydney's foam sword!

Me? I was pretty much a general, all-around unspecific Zelda last Halloween. I based my costume MAINLY off Ocarina of Time, though, including the designs on the bottom of the dress. However, I carried around a bow, and OoT is, like, the ONLY game Zelda DOESN'T use the bow in. O_o (Not really, you know... but all the big important ones she does. Wind Waker. Twilight Princess. ...Spirit Tracks. ST is not as important, but whatever.) Now I just might be Minish Zelda. Just because everyone ELSE is being from Minish Cap, lol. I don't want to be all lonely from OoT. If I do end up changing to Minish Zelda, I'll just PRETEND I don't have Ocarina of Time designs on my dress, PRETEND my crown is Toon Zelda's, and... ditch the bow for a shield. And then I'll give it to Sydney at the end of the day. ...Or maybe not. I LIKE shields, tyvm. Sydney didn't use one LAST year! ...Let's just PRETEND that her shield got burned up in the fire mine place. :P

Now... Rowan. I don't think Taryn and Paige will be anything Zelda-related, but Rowan most certainly will. Ever since last year, she's really wanted to be Midna from Twilight Princess. But now she'll be the only one from TP if she does do that. So she's changing again. She might be... a forest Picori/Minish, which I vote for. It would be the most ADORABLE costume ever! Like... Minishes are sooooooo cute! Other than that, she might be Young Zelda. Which would ALSO be cute! For some reason, she wants to be "all clingy," as she calls it. XD She wants to hang off my arm and act timid and cute or something. Although I still like the Picori idea, this would be an AWESOME idea, and is the one most likely to happen. Our costumes would match GREAT together - me older Zelda, her younger. Plus it'll give me an excuse to be OoT while everyone else is MC (HAH! SHIELD IS MINE!).

And that's it. *sigh* I was planning on a Minish Cap or Four Swords Adventures update tonight, but that's okay. Remember - tomorrows a holiday. Labor day, is it? Or Columbus day? Something like that. On the other hand, the blog is FINALLY back to normal, complete with an epic background courtesy of Rowan WillowLeaf (but I was the one who had to do A TON of math and so on to get the size right to repeat across the background right - darn, you CANNOT believe how much work went into that. Days. Blogger is stupid and won't accept certain sized images, and therefore we were pretty stumped for a while. I SHOULDN'T have to do math on my weekend!). Oh, AND there's an awesome new header! I made that. You can't imagine how long it took to pick out the render. I kind of wanted the Skyward Sword one, just because, well, Skyward Sword is the main focus of this blog currently, and the entire Zelda-fanverse is waiting for it. But I almost made it a Wind Waker one, with this absolutely, unbelievably awesome render of Link and these cute little pigs! :D That, or one of OoT Link playing the ocarina. SO MANY CHOICES!

Anyway. Happy Monday holiday (whatever it is), readers! As always, comment, and remember to read The Blade of Evil's Bane prologue below if you haven't already! :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...i'm probably going to be a character from LoZ...either tingle, (LOL I'm lighting fireworks and tingle has that bomb asphyxiation XD) or maybe link in his pajamas from second game WW (did i mention thats my fave?...i think i did >.<)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! Be Link in his pajamas! That would be soooooo epic!!! Tingle would be just... annoying. Oh, hey, I forgot to mention, but one girl that my sister met who likes Zelda might be Navi. XD Navi costume isn't hard to make, though. You just dress up like a fairy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works better if you get a plastic bag and stuff it full of paper/cotton/white stuff, so you look like a ball XD

    theres one thing about Navi tho >.<

    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=42

    ReplyDelete