Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WHY THE *censored* DOES MY DANG WII HATE MEEEEEE?!?

This is officially. The. Worst. Curse. Ever.

I freaking hate my Wii.

...Nooo... well, I KIND OF do. There have been other instances it let me down (the whole falling-over-and-resetting event with Majora's Mask comes to mind). But more than the Wii, it's the memory card. And I guess it wouldn't even be our Wii... it would be our GAME CUBE.

Remember the Evil Memory Card curse? It returned... hungry for revenge...

It already took away Young Link on Melee. It took NightRings and JewelCat from Pokemon Collosseum. It took my epic Animal Crossing town. It took a cutscene file from Wind Waker. Heck, for good measure, it even took stupid Billy Hatcher files away.

THEN the WII was being stupid. It stole my Twilight Princess file just as I reached the final boss. It made me redo the MM Zora cutscene a thousand times.

But THIS... this is...

FIVE YEARS OF WORK. GONE.

My first ever Zelda game file - Wind Waker - was CORRUPTED! And you know what? Since my cutscene file was deleted, I have no other files that have beat the game and started over!

...Except one...

BUT I'M TOO FREAKING MAD ABOUT THIS TO CARE. Besides, TECHNICALLY it's my sister's. I mean, it's HER first one. She didn't mind if I deleted it, though.

But... but.. but... I'm so angry I don't even know what to scream about anymore. Or type in capital letters. Whatever.

Hey, you know what's funny? I feared something like this would happen. Quote from my previous post about corrupted Wind Waker file:

...Fortunately, it wasn't my very first file, my BEST file... the one I've had for five years. Oh my gosh, if I lost that... I don't know WHAT I would do. Probably burst into tears or start screaming and running around wildly. Something like that. XD


...And now it's happened. Hmm. No screaming. No running. There was almost-crying, and screaming at my sister in anger, but nothing more.

I think I'm getting used to replaying through accidentally-deleted Zelda stuff.

On the other hand, I still haven't deleted this one. I'm hoping, by some miracle, it will come back like Melee sometimes does. ...Oh, and I wonder what our other games are like? I was wondering if any others got further corrupted? I was worried about FSA doing that - I've only beat the game once, so it would be BAD to lose that file - but it was fine. Still...

*sigh*

...Ummmmmm... yeah. Huh. All my recent post titles are all in caps or partially all in caps.

I have nothing more to say. Aside from updates. Like MC and my epiclatastical Zelda-boss-marathon-type-thingy. Uh-huh. Btw, anyone has an ideas for my Zelda fan-fic, please give me something. I need inspiration. Last night I got VERY good inspiration (it has to do with Skyward Sword XD) but... still.

2 comments:

  1. well...it HAS been about two years since i've written ANYTHING that isn't school related, so i night be rusty but...here goes nothing?

    HERE ARE THE THREE BIG TIPS. (for fanfic writing and such)

    GET INTO THE HEAD OF THE MAIN CHARACTER, AND ANY OTHERS THAT ARE IMPORTANT. (love interest?)
    -Choose if you want it to be OOC or IC
    (out of character, In character) THis sets up your options for later.

    BECAUSE IT IS ZELDA
    Listen to the music, all of it, as much as you can, thats where I get my inspiration, but that might just be me :P

    CAN'T STRESS THIS LAST ONE ENOUGH.
    It may get insanely tiresome but...write notes.
    It may seem absolutely stupid, but some of my best work happened because when ever i got an idea, no matter how dumb it seemed, I wrote it down.

    Also, immerse yourself in the zelda universe (you may already be doing it but it doesn't matter) read as much as you can about it,(fanfic, stuff the creators have said, stuff like that) THE WORKS.

    (P.S.)
    Read this, 'tis about your wii/gamecube memory card problem
    http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/2570

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lucas. :) I'll try listening to music - that might help a bit, actually. Last time I tried listening to music while writing, I really liked it. So yeah. XD And, surprisingly, I'm already doing your last suggestion(s). I'm writing a full outline for this story before I begin to write anything... and believe me, I've come up with some pretty stupid ideas. And I'm reading plent of fan fiction, lol, PLUS playing through Minish Cap, a game that's actually playing a part in this fanfic.

    And I went to that link... lol, I guess, according to what that one person said... even Nintendo-made memory cards (which is what I have) can become corrupted due to age or repeated use. ...We've used this memory card LOTS. And it's five years old. *sigh* I'll just have to accept this. I have three other memory cards, anyway - I'll just restart Wind Waker on there.

    Thanks a ton for the epic comment. :D

    ReplyDelete