Monday, January 11, 2010

MM Update - I am so frustrated I feel like throwing something at my Wii!

My GOSH! Why can't I be NORMAL! NORMAL people actually SAVE often! And they don't get their progress on Majora's Mask erased FIVE TIMES!

I'm dead serious. It seems to be some sort of thing with me - I just can't save often enough on Zelda games. Like on Phantom Hourglass (READ)... or Wind Waker... or even Spirit Tracks once, recently... surprisingly, never on Twilight Princess, as far as I can remember. And I even posted something about not saving on MM a while back! (read here!)...

However, seriously, I am sick and tired of losing my progress on Majora's Mask. I, like, want to throw something at the screen. I want to totally destroy my Wii, at this point. I'm THAT mad.

Really. From the above post, you can see that I didn't save in Snowhead once, by accident. Also, I witnessed getting the Zora Mask THREE times. And now... I guess I have to get back into Ikana Castle...

It keeps happening specifically to Majora's Mask because it is so easy NOT to save on there. When I do something totally useless on any other Zelda game, or I do something really stupid, I don't save after because I don't need it remembering any of that data, and I had saved earlier, anyway. So... that is one hard habit that I MUST learn to break, because it is the reason I keep having to do everything over. Apparently, on MM, when you save at the owl statues, it doesn't really count as a real save. If you turn it off instead of going back to the first day or saving at another statue, you will go all the way back to the first day, losing ANY progress you have gained. Ugh...

Well, except, the time when I was in Ikana would be actually humorous if I weren't so frustrated right now. It really wasn't my fault this time. I was actually near dying in the palace. I'd come in with two fairies, but because the ReDeads kept catching me, I had used both of them and one had one and a half hearts left. I'm about to die, and have no clue what to do... bad combination, right? Anyway, I bring in my sister to help a bit. Then, I accidentally fall in this hole that lands me directly into the center of a group of four ReDeads. Even though I get away from them, I hurry into the next room, and there are four MORE ReDeads. O.o

And, unfortunately, I got pwned.

Annoyed at myself for being an idiot and falling into that group of ReDeads, I angrily give a sharp tug on the GameCube Controller (cuz' of course I play with that, not the classic controller! Like I'd spend the money on a Classic Controller when I have four GameCube ones lying around!), and sadly (unlike the classic controller xD), GC controllers and WIRED. So, guess what happens when I tug on the remote? The entire Wii comes with it. The Wii tips over, and, fortunately, the TV happened to be there, and that keeps it propped up. Rowan and I let out a sigh of relief... before realizing that the screen isn't coming out of the blackness that always happens after you die. Instead, one sentence shows up on the top of the blackness: "You will need the Classic Controller".

Both of us are like, "WHAT?" Because that's what it says when you are at the title screen.

Then, I press A on my GameCube Controller, and, sure enough, it DOES go to the title screen! As "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask" shows up on my screen, I gasp aloud. I hurry over to the Wii to inspect it.

Apparently, the Wii had tipped over into JUST the right position that it hit the "reset" button.

-.-

2 comments:

  1. Actually, lots of people forget to save. I always forget to save my games! You are definately a normal person. (Well, maybe...) Lol jk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xD Okay, good. I'm normal.

    Or maybe we're ALL weird... O. o

    ReplyDelete