Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Legend of Zelda!

Hey, would you look at that? Two birthday posts in a row! Who knew Sydney's birthday was so near LoZ's? ;)

Yesterday - February 21st, 2011 - The Legend of Zelda had its 25th anniversary! EPIC! :D Isn't it weird how, here in the States, that was also President's Day? That's why when I saw it on Yahoo, I at first didn't believe it... but then I saw it on Zelda Wiki too, and two sources reporting that combined with the fact that I already knew LoZ would be turning 25 at some point this year made me believe it.

Lolz, what brought it to my attention was Yahoo, actually... When I went to check my e-mail yesterday, I went to the front page of the website as always. I occasionally look at the "Trending Now" box up there just to see if I recognize any of the stuff (usually I don't) and then I was like... "Whoa! Legend of Zelda is trending now! It's number six on the list!" So I clicked on it, and the first thing was a news post about its anniversary. Yep!

To celebrate its anniversary... well, I kinda want to post a chapter of my fanfic but I still hate the first chapter, lol. If I could skip that first chapter... then I'd be happy to post it! But otherwise... um, no. I just gotta figure out how to get Navi back into the story, since she's missing in Majora's Mask... and I want Link to have someone to talk to... either that, or I could just make Link silent like he is in the games, I guess. XD

SO, since I can't do that (technically I can, and if anyone comments and says they want to read it, I MIGHT... might... because I need feedback to make it better - I'm out of ideas) I decided on a better way.

Why not buy the game that started it all?

That's right: Legend of Zelda!

...Although my friend, Noob/Cloud/Deku thinks that would be Ocarina of Time. I was laughing so hard when he didn't know what the first Zelda game was. He listed off pretty much every game in the series - including Zelda II - and didn't get it... XD (Sorry, I shouldn't be making fun of him. He only has TP and ST.)

I keep getting off-topic. >.<

YES. I'm going to - or I WANT to - buy The Legend of Zelda. Idk if I can yet. If my sister doesn't stop playing Animal Crossing: City Folk, I can't get on the Wii Shop Channel to buy it. -.-

...Now that I think of it... can you only upload $10 or more at a time? That would be so stupid. LoZ is only $5. The rest of that money should go to Skyward Sword, not some other random game. I guess I'll buy AoL if I have to, but...

...Oh, another random fact about me? I've at least PLAYED every game in the series except Adventure of Link. XD I know virtually nothing about it beyond what I've seen on YouTube.

Well, that's it! 'Night people! :D

(Another random fact: OMG! I have no label for Legend of Zelda or Adventure of Link on this blog! There's every Zelda game except those two! That's sad. XD)

2 comments:

  1. As mentioned before, I have both those games! Btw, the one I said was with graphics like minish cap... Is called link collector's addition: a retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I've never even heard of that game... XD

    ReplyDelete