Monday, February 28, 2011

LoZ Update - Getting random swords without doing some big long sidequest or having an epic cutscene? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?

Item upgrades are a LOT easier to get in the first Zelda game.

...Not that I'm complaining, of course. But you know. Thought I'd point it out.

I now have a white tunic (what special powers it might give me, though, I'm not ENTIRELY sure), an upgraded sword (no clue what it's called, but suddenly old foes are easier), an upgraded shield (it doesn't look very different, but it blocks Zola fireballs now), and I FOUND another sword - just can't use it (stupid old man). Either I'm just lucky, or this is EASY.

White tunic - I was so confused at first. I just went in to this shop with the maximum rupees - speaking of which, is only 255! What the heck? Why'd they stop there? Is there ANY significance to that number or are they just like, "Oh, I like the number 255 - let's do that!" 99 makes sense... but 255? ...Okay, um, anyway, with 255 rupees, and the shopkeeper dude says "Boy, this is expensive!" And there's a Blue Ring in the center there for 250 rupees. I know that's what it's called because I somewhat paid attention when I left the title screen on and all the treasures possible in the game were revealed. So I'm like, "Okay... Idk what it does, but I'm gonna buy it! :D" So I did... and Link randomly changed into a white tunic.

At first I was freaking out, because I had NO clue what this meant... but then I noticed that suddenly, when the Leevers ran into me, it didn't steal any health right away! That's because my defense has been doubled! (I'm assuming, since no one tells you these things in this game. XD) SO HAH! TAKE THAT LEEVERS!!!!

THEN, in the second or third dungeon - which I probably should have mentioned I found at the beginning of this post, but whatev - an old man said something like, "Have you talked to the man at the top of the waterfall?" And I immediately remembered that as the cave Rowan took me to in our expeditions to find the first dungeon. I went there and got a new, epic sword! I THINK it doubled my attack, but then again, I have no idea. I ALSO went into the graveyard after paying this old woman to tell me how to get through the, as she called them, "Woods of Maze" (maybe that's a mistranslation though - I'm calling them Lost Woods XD), and when I pushed aside one of the graves, I found ANOTHER old man with a sword! O: ...But he wouldn't give it to me. *sob* Good news is that I kill Leevers - at least the red ones - in one hit now. Again: HAH! Plus, the Zolas aren't invincible anymore! If I hit them with sword beams or they're dumb enough to come close enough to land for me to slash at them, they die! DOUBLE HAH!

FINALLY, my last amazing upgrade, is... some shield that looks bigger. I bought it in the shop after saving up for a while. I was a little afraid, since I know I've made a mistake with buying identical shields to the current one in shops on other games- usually they're just there if a Like-Like or something takes them, and you end up wasting your money. But I took a chance and bought it, and apparently it's bigger. Now it blocks the Zolas' fireballs. HAHAH!

Yeah. I hate Zolas and Leevers.

They're more evil than Ganon, I swear...

Anyway.

I'm on Level 5! It's kinda hard, though... ugh. There's these soldier thingies that are REALLY hard to beat. I think they're Darknuts, but I'm not sure.... hmm...

*looks up on Zelda Wiki, the most amazing website ever created besides Wizard101 and Wizard101 Central*

OMG! I WAS RIGHT! THEY ARE DARKNUTS! It's amazing how I know all these Zelda enemies, even though I'd never played this game before! XD OOH! I'M GONNA GO LOOK UP THAT CENTAUR THING NOW!

*check*

LYNEL! It's called a LYNEL! I will remember that. What else don't I know? Goriyas? Ooh. So those things with the boomerangs WEREN'T Moblins. Vire? What is THAT? ...Oh! I remember seeing those in one of the dungeons. They were EXTREMELY annoying. They turn into Keese when you attack them...

Wait? No Zolas on the list? They're ZORAS? I'm going to call them Zolas instead, since I KNOW I saw it spelled that way somewhere. After all, 'r' and 'l' are almost the same thing in Japanese - so I've heard. "Zelda" in Japanese is "Zeruda," anyway. Thanks to my amazing Korean-speaking friend who knows a lot about foreign languages, she pronounced it for me and it DOES sound like Zelda... Ooh. And Link is Rinku, in case you were wondering. :P But you don't really pronounce the 'u' much, and the 'r' sounds like an 'l', remember? XD

...WHY AM I TALKING ABOUT JAPANESE? This isn't exactly explaining what happened in Level 5 with the Darknuts and all...

You know, I'm gonna give up this post for tonight. Enough off-topicness. XD I'm tired, and... I have a LOT of homework to do... dang...

Yeah, that's SO not getting done tonight.

'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment