Friday, April 22, 2011

There's more Ocarina of Time 3D information than there was Spirit Tracks... (New screenshots and info!)

Please remember to read and comment on the post beneathe this one - I don't usually do two posts per day, but I had to today.

~~~

Ocarina of Time 3D, so far, seems to be even more popular than Spirit Tracks was. The release is still over a month away, and yet more and more information is released about it seemingly everyday (or at least every time I log on to the computer!). Of course, there's ALSO the fact that I wasn't THAT involved with the Zelda community when Spirit Tracks came out... but still. Here's just a quick update on what Zelda Dungeon has to say:

There will be a "boss challenge" mode added to the game! In Spirit Tracks, there was the whole "Take 'Em All On" game in Castle Town where previous bosses could be re-fought to gain treasure. Apparently they will somehow integrate this into Ocarina of Time 3D. I'm super excited! I love that game in Spirit Tracks - whenever I'm bored I'll just go and play it for fun. XD This sounds great!

Also... apparently there will be a hint system? Well, I guess that's nice for new players, but still... people made it through the games just fine without them before. Whatever.

And here's some other new details they've heard:



  • The blurry pre-rendered bitmap Castletown is now a rendered environment. With several new remodeled building exteriors, but still maintains the old camera angle.


  • The water effects of Lake Hylia have been improved.


  • The fishing pond has been changed with more textures adding a more rocky appearance and a waterfall has been added.


  • The tree wall has been replaced by three dimensional trees.


  • All 2D backgrounds have been replaced by rendered 3D backdrops with greater detail.


  • When viewed from Hyrule Field, Death Mountain is no longer a 2D cardboard cutout but a 3D model.


  • Temple of Time interior has been remodeled including a visible ceiling.


  • The inventory is now kept on the touchscreen and items may be equipped by the X and Y buttons.


  • The ocarina is now permanently placed in an area on the lower left corner of the touchscreen.


  • Due to a lack of rumble feature the Stone of Agony now emits a sound instead of the old “rumble” of the N64 controller.


  • In game text and music have not changed from the original.


  • Master Quest is confirmed as a second quest that requires the player to complete the game first to unlock.

I'm glad to hear about Stone of Agony. Since I play OoT on the Wii, I've never been able to use that item. But - aww - you have to COMPLETE the game before playing Master Quest? Darn it! XD Oh, well.

Also - I just found this a few minutes ago - but more OoT 3DS screeshots! And, OMG, they are AMAZING. Check out Zelda's Courtyard! And Castle Town - wow. The Happy Mask Shop certainly changed. I'm only taking the ones I thought were the most dramatically different from N64, so check out the link at the bottom of the post for the rest of them. They're all pretty amazing.




















(Why do I think that one picture of Link sitting on the ground is just sooooooo cute? :D It's my fan girl side shining through...)



2 comments:

  1. This is great information Wind- er... Sierra (I can't get used to that) Anyway, my goal is to finish the original OoT before I start this one. I actually have a pretty good chance for that because my birthday is in the later months of the year. I'm at the part where you have to get Saria out of the Forest Temple. It's hard. (Sorry if I accidently posted this twice. My Grandma's computer is being weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >my goal is to finish the original...

    YOU HAVEN'T?!?!?

    I always forget that lots of people bought the game way after the release, something that while I did, I got it way back in 2001

    I will officially have had this game for 10 years on the 9 of September. (doesn't my brother just have the most awesome birthday?)

    Anyway, I am approaching my 50th completion of this game. ^_^

    I plan on going to 100.

    I freaking love this game. I'm so happy it's getting a re-release, it SO deserves it.

    I'd just like to say sorry for not commenting for the last few months, safe those two Pony related ones. Which reminds me, EPONA OMG. I just can't wait.

    Okay, I'm babbling. The point is I can't wait for this game.

    ReplyDelete