Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yes, I just bought the hardest game in Zelda history.

After many unsuccessful explorations of the Legend of Zelda overworld in an attempt to find the eighth dungeon, I got very bored. And boredom plus extra Wii points equals...

Adventure of Link.

Gods, I'm scared.

The controls even confuzzle me! I spent a whole half hour with Taryn trying to find out how to pick up an item. I read the intructions and it told me to press 1, but... it didn't work! It just kept using my sword! And then Taryn started yelling out random combinations like "Jump and press it! Go to the left! Go right! Press 2!" Finally we discovered you have to DUCK and then press 1. They couldn't have just said that in the manual? O_o I suppose it's because sometimes the item is higher off the ground and in that case you don't have to duck.

It took forever to find the first dungeon. In fact, yet again, my sister was the one to find it. Remember? I didn't find the first dungeon on my own in Legend of Zelda, haha. She did. She just has a talent for that. She got on the game with the intention of playing it for the first time but...

Um. It was still on my file.

Sadly, I couldn't figure out how to save, and I still don't know how, besides dying. So I just pressed "Wii Menu" or whatever, and apparently that saves it from there, starting back up in the same spot when you come back. My sister had to give me my first death to save and start her own file which, due to a typo, she called "Pwnageer." *sigh* She ALWAYS loved random names. She had Doggy on OoT and MM, and randomly Seth on TP, and Bubbles on ST... and most other games I've taken over all the files, lolz. Actually, I think I deleted Bubbles too...

Anyway. She found the first dungeon! I was stuck going back and forth between two towns (Ruto and Rauru) but she was brave enough to venture into a dark cave. I doubted it was the right way since I figured you'd need a candle to go through any of those areas, but she went through anyway. And she got out to the other side where the first dungeon (or "palace" in this game) magically waited for us.

She fought some Stalfos and possibly Darknuts among many other enemies I couldn't name (time to look at Zelda Wiki again!). Then she reached the boss... or guardian... or whatever they're called. And she got pwned. More times than once. XD

At least she found the candle...

I gtg now. I'm going to Pokemon League, just like every Saturday. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment