Friday, July 2, 2010

WW - Corrupted Save Data? ...NOOOOO!!!

Why? WHHHHYYYY?!

This is sounding oddly like my Twilight Princess post when I deleted my file. And there's a reason for that.

Somehow, in some completely inconceivable way, my Wind Waker data got "corrupted". Out of ALL of the Zelda games I own, it just HAD to be my favorite that gets messed up.

...Fortunately, it wasn't my very first file, my BEST file... the one I've had for five years. Oh my gosh, if I lost that... I don't know WHAT I would do. Probably burst into tears or start screaming and running around wildly. Something like that. XD

But it was SO close to being my first file. It was even on the same memory card.

I found it when Noob was over. I had let him start a file over one on that memory card (lolz, it was my sister's, but she didn't really care). As I usually do, I took over it and completed Forsaken Fortress and Dragon Roost Cavern. Now he wanted to continue on, and try to get the second pearl at Forest Haven.

If you don't have WW, you should know that per memory card you can have three files. On this particular memory card was file one, my original file with SOOO many memories; file two, Noob's file; and file three, a file that had beat the game, but had not saved after Ganon... meaning all the cutscenes, AND Link's green clothes. Epicness. When I feel like doing the final boss, it was this file I went to. It's also the file I wanted to try to complete the Nintendo Gallery and already HAD done the quest for the Eskimo guy (forgot his name O.o) on Windfall to get the Magic Armor.

It was file three that was "corrupted."

At first I thought it was Noob's, which would be no biggie - but that file was on the FINAL BOSS!

That takes a while. A few weeks, for me, less if I'm dedicated.

My only choice when selecting the file is to erase it.

The big question: how? I haven't played that file in a while! I read in the FSA manual that this can happen if you take out the card while saving. If I haven't played, how can THAT happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment