Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why I even started playing Zelda games in the first place!

Um, you're probably wondering why I like Zelda games so much. Obviously I'm completely CRAZY about them, so uh, how did this start?

It all began about two years ago (or probably even longer, I can't remember anymore - I mean, how old is the GameCube? Yeah, it's around that time...) when my sister and I recieved Super Smash Bros. Melee (note: NOT THE WII VERSION, SSB Brawl!) and we picked our favorite characters. Of course I instantly loved Pikachu - who can't with that cute little party hat of his and that awesome up smash attack? Besides, Pokemon was about the only video game series I knew about at the time. Anyway, my sister's decision was harder - I refused to let her be my little Pika Pal, so she was forced to choose someone else - and she choose Zelda.

So, we had NO clue who the heck Zelda was. She was some kind of princess, obviously, from the pretty crown. Um, at first we never even realized that she was linked to Link (lol, linked to Link! Um, sorry, just Zelda humor :P). But then when we got into events and stuff, there were Zelda events where Zelda and Link were on a team and you had to be Gannon and defeat them (good thing we didn't know about the series - I would have felt guilty! In the games I practically AM Link! I don't want to kill myself! Or Zelda!). So, my sister, who REALLY liked Zelda, begged to buy a Zelda game. In particular, we wanted Twilight Princess. Now, we were, like, six at the time or something - now, think about the creepy cutscenes in TP. I am SO glad we did not get that one first. In fact, the reason we didn't get it was probably because it was rated T. So, instead we recieved Wind Waker... which we were TOTALLY confused about.

We wondered where Zelda can be, and who is this little green freak in green? And that weird girl who calls you big brother...

So I'll be honest - we didn't really like Zelda games. XD

What we did instead was go all the way through the game to the Forsaken Fortress, hoping we'd find Zelda soon. (LOL, imagine what would have happened if we'd bought something like Majora's Mask where Zelda isn't even in it! O:) Okay, unfortunately, our TV was on a super low brightness setting - so we could BARELY see anything in the desolate and dark Forsaken Fortress. When we got thrown in jail (which happened A LOT) we couldn't figure out how to get out, no matter how much Zelda hinted, "There's gotta be some hole you can crawl out of...)

Finally we got near the top - and then found a search light that we couldn't get rid of! Apparently, there is a search light by the jail that we had always missed, so it would always catch us when we were coming up. Ugh!

Soooo.... we gave up on Zelda games for an entire year. A WHOLE YEAR. Without Zelda! Right now the idea appalls me...

Then we stumbled across a walkthrough of it on the internet, and saw the amazing search light we'd missed! We hurried back on the game and turned off the searchlight. Best part was, over the year we hadn't played out TV had been fixed, so we found a way out of the jail! And so, we completed the Forsaken Fortress and FINALLY found out why it was called Wind Waker - and Legend of Zelda.

After that, we made about twenty different files on all of our memory cards. My best file, the first one I completed, I still have, and I still play it every once and a while. In fact, I played it just last week! I wanted to defeat Gannon, so yeah... XD It's also the only file we have Hero's Mask on, and Magic Armor. Funny part is, we DON'T have all items - we're missing a bottle! I am not sure which one I'm missing, so... sigh... only three bottles... Oh, and the most hilarious part of all - it was the file we discovered that faries heal you, even when you die... We were being such IDIOTS. We had no idea that if you died, the fairies would automatically heal you! We didn't know that until this summer! I've had this game for, what, four, three years? And we didn't know until recently... O. o

Okay, that's it for now! I don't want to write anymore about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment