Sunday, May 16, 2010

Zelda: Fallen Sage Screenshots

EDIT 5/22/11: Look, I made this post a LONG time ago, but it's STILL getting views. It's the most-viewed post on my blog, and it doesn't even have to do with anything canon in The Legend of Zelda. I don't even like Fallen Sage anymore, and the game was just OKAY. So I've changed the title in hopes that people will stop coming to it. Seriously. Former title: "EPIC SCREENSHOT POST! (a.k.a. longest post ever)". Besides, that's inaccurate... I've DEFINITELY wrote longer posts than this now...

You will NOT believe what I did on Friday! I downloaded a new RPG. A new ZELDA RPG! It's a fan-made game called The Fallen Sage... The battle system is kinda, well... primative... and there are SOOOO many grammar errors that, especially for an author like me, IT IS SO DANG FRUSTRATING!!! I just want to take a red pen and mark all over this thing. XD Well, anyway, the game is fun! And the storyline is EPIC! And Dark Link is creepy, lol. I mean, he always was... but that was BEFORE he was TALKING to me... o.O

Btw... before I forget... I also beat the second dungeon on Link's Awakening. I apparently do not know what a stinking Stalfos is. I thought they were the Skeleton things... but NOOO, they're the darn grim-reaper-ish thingies! ...That makes me wonder what the skeletons are actually called...

In any case, here's the second Siren Instrument! :D




Now that that's over with... time for some Fallen Sage pictures! ...Btw, is it weird that I fall in love with an awesome fan-made game? Honestly, I'm having a blast. But there's not even videos on YouTube about this, that's how discreet it is. Well, whatever, I love ANYTHING Zelda. For instance, I just tortured myself for about three hours watching the old Zelda TV episodes! They were hilarious. XD But that's for another post. Back to Fallen Sage stuff...

Now be warned, because honestly, I took SOOO many screenshots. XD

The game begins with Link walking through some forest or something... WHEN HE'S RANDOMLY ATTACKED BY DARK LINK! ZOMG!




Then I enter my first battle! Yayz! It took me a few moments to figure out how to fight - but then all my old RPG Adventure Quest/Dragon Fable knowledge from forever ago came flooding back! Then Dark Link started talking to me...





(Btw there should be a COMMA before Link! GEEZ, DARK LINK! GET IT RIGHT!)

Anyway, I was so ready for epic ownage, like in OoT... or ST... but... I failed... O.o

Back outside in the forest:




(You know I'm NOT the Hero of Time, right? ...Or am I? I thought it was only Link from Ocarina of Time... XD)

So he knocks me out and I fall unplesantly to the ground. O.o

When Link wakes up, he's in this house... with this weird lady...



(You know that little dot on the keyboard at the end of sentences? USE IT!)

She calls herself "Laures" - but that's only a codename. She won't tell me her real name. Claiming that she dragged Link's unconscious body here, she demands that I help her retrieve something from the castle that the guards took from her. And what does Link say? Yes. Of course. I have no choice but to head outside into the Castle Town to sneak into the Castle.

OOH, look who I found out there, btw! I started LOLing so hard...



(Quote from... I believe... The Adventure of Link. :D)

After some long quest that I do... including heading into this bar, hearing something about Hyrule going to war, and being attacked by someone named Stalfoss... I end up at the Temple of Time. Yay! :)



Well, it was boring there, though. I only went there because there was apparently a secret passage into the castle through there, but the Zora sage in there kicked us out...

Laures suggested we go into the market instead to see if anyone can help us there. I did. I head into the market place. There were three shops. I had only 50 rupees... so I couldn't buy anything... but that's okay, I didn't need boring armor and stuff this early in the game anyway! But... in the third shop, I talked to the girl...

AND MY GAME CRASHED! WHAT THE HECK!?

And guess what? My infamous habit of not saving in video games carries over to RPG's, too! I HAD TO DO EVERYTHING OVER AGAIN - fight Dark Link, meet Laures, battle Stalfoss, get kicked out of the Temple of Time... ALL BECAUSE OF THIS ONE GIRL!



She just looks SO evil, right?

I save the second time before talking to her. ...And she STILL crashes my game - but it's not as bad, I just go right back in front of her. ^^

That was when I started getting paranoid. I couldn't figure out what to do - the only other room in the market was empty, with absolutely nothing in it. Laures told me to go to the market - and I'd looked at everything in here! I was starting to worry that she was who I needed to talk to and that I would never, ever get to complete this game because this stupid girl wouldn't speak to me.

Then, guess what? Saving again, I try to talk to her... and, on the third try... it works... And all she has to say is, "Look at the stuff in my shop! I have great things for sale!" >.< But, remember that empty room? This time, when I go inside of there, a guy comes out! He apprently loves Laures or something, because he tries to kiss her... but she owns him. XD He shows us a secret passage into the castle... which marks my very first dungeon! YAAY! :D Here's a screenshot of us fighting some seriously weird mini-boss. Laures is using her special attack - Poison Edge!

And then, we reached the boss! Link used HIS special attack, Cross Cut.



After defeating the boss, Laures reveals her greatest fear. XD



(I hate them too. XD)

So. When we go into the castle, we see lots and lots of troops marching into this room. It's weird... but Laures doesn't care. She only wants her stupid item.

Unfortunately... I'm an idiot... and I got caught by castle guards... and thrown in jail. Geez. Why do I have a reputation of getting thrown in jail now? XD



(You know, now that I think of it... the guards only caught us because LAURES was the one talking... >.<) Finally, we have a visitor! YAY! :)

(Punctuation... PLEASE?!?)

Zelda orders Laures to be put in a box. O.o The dumbest plan ever, I know, but whatever. Laures pwns the guards, and comes to unlock my cage. :D



Eventually, with Laures's help (man, I LOVE her Poison Edge... poisoning enemies is SO powerful...), I made it to the Treasury, where we find Laures's item. But... then the guards start coming... so Laures makes me jump off a cliff...



We witness this cutscene where we first meet General Akazoo. He is sending out large amounts of the soldiers of Hyrule to Misery Mire to defeat the Gohma. Then I head upstairs a bit, fighting some soldiers along the way, until finally, eventually, I reach where I'm supposed to be. And look who I find there! General Barbosa! ...and he attacks me. No problem, right? :D

...He's hard. O.o



(Epic. Fail.)

It doesn't matter! In a few more tries, BARBOSA GOES DOWN! MUHAHAHA!



(Wait, did he just say he loves Zelda? O.o)

Laures, who finds a map, leads us to the room where the passage into the Temple of Time is supposed to be. She thinks we can escape from there. But guess who shows up?



Isn't that great? But then, in the middle of her talking...

MY GAME CRASHES AGAIN! WHAT THE F...rench... fry! O.o

So I fight Barbosa again, he gets owned, Zelda shows up... and FINALLY, we can continue on. And we end up fighting her. O.o

I died at least three times, but it wasn't TOO hard. I mostly just ran out of potions, so, on about the third time of getting a game over, I ran around and fought random guards to level up and get potions before heading in to fight her. :D



Zelda claims she will call more guards... but we just walk away into the secret passage. XD



(I don't think Zelda's used to being ignored. :P)

I enter some kind of sewer, where I ran into some of my favorite Zelda enemies. XD



See? OCTOROKS!

And then... what the heck? It's... a hobo..? XD



I have NOOO idea what that guy was doing there... and I don't want to know. -.-

At long last, we make it out of the sewer into the Temple of Time! The Zora sage guy is still there, but with some unwanted visitors. Zelda knew where the passage went, and sent guards to cut us off there, and then guards behind us, too, to make sure we couldn't escape. However, the Zora (who's name is Zaleen) has a "master"... the first ever Sage of Shadow! Evaleen, the first Sage of Shadow, comes and saves the day!




However, there's a catch. Evaleen says Link is special (yay!). Then she reveals Laures's real name: Liyer. Now she wants me and Liyer and Zaleen to... um... kill the king of Hyrule for her. Yeah, like you can imagine Link doing that. So, since we refuse, Evaleen attacks us (and uses a Barrier spell thing).



(I can't believe we have to destroy the Sage of Shadow... I'm starting to feel guilty. First Zelda, now this?)

After defeating her, Liyer and I leave Zaleen alone in the temple. Then, after going back to Liyer's house... she says that it's time to say goodbye... and throws me out into the streets. Geez, thanks a LOT. -.-

Cutscene time! The soldiers in Hyrule are setting off to Misery Mire. However, General Akazoo is not going with them. He has something he must do in the castle first. So he goes into some basement or something... and my old friend Queen Gohma is there. Before this whole thing started, she apparently promised Akazoo to rule the kingdom if he helped her take over. So, with all the castle soldiers gone... Gohma's larva are free to take over the kingdom.

Back with Link, he walks out into the main part of the Castle Town... and then is attacked by hordes of Gohma larva! And is it just me, or does Link have a serious upgrade? He hits in the thousands now, and he has a new special skill - Faint Attack! (OMG, MY UMBREON ON POKEMON PEARL KNOWS THAT! XD)

Link reunites with Liyer and Zaleen soon enough, and they defeat Queen Gohma. Then they leave the ruined town - pretty much everyone in there is dead, I guess.

We go into another cutscene, where Akazoo confronts Zelda and her mother and father. Zelda fights against Akazoo (I controlled her - it was fun. She's awesome :D) and wins. ...However, Akazoo isn't over with. He then pushes Zelda to the ground or something. Zelda had a device that she created that traps people forever, apprently. Akazoo throws her in this cage, and says she's too weak to do anything.



(CAN YOU PLEASE CAPITALIZE STUFF?)

He says she can either marry him... or be trapped in this device thingy forever. Zelda chooses to be trapped. O.o

Back with Link:

Ah, finally, into Hyrule Field! Liyer says that maybe if we go to Lanayru province to the north, Zaleen can convince the Zoras to help us. In the meantime, (since apparently it's almost night..? It looked pretty bright, to me) we find a small town with an inn to sleep in. Zoras apparently don't have to sleep, and there's only two beds. Zaleen says he will wander around town until morning while Link and Liyer have a good night's rest.

Link has a dream where Zelda contacts him. She tells him of her situation, and tells him to rescue her.

Uh, that's what confuses me. She was the one trying to throw us in jail and kill us earlier... and now she wants me to SAVE her? Which side are you ON, Zelda! Just CHOOSE ONE!

Well, whatever. Zelda instructs Link to go to the Kokiri Forest.

When Link awakens - there's the guy Stalfoss standing there! *gasp* Link and Liyer are ready to fight, but he says he doesn't mean harm. He tells them that guards came looking for them earlier, and that they captured Zaleen. Totally ruins there plans for getting the Zora's help.

Stalfoss says that they should go into the Kokiri Forest - just like Zelda says! Stalfoss joins my party. Yay. Here's our new party fighting some Col... somethings...



(Is that actually what the wolf things are in the games? I thought they were Wolfos.)

Now as we head toward the Kokriri Forest... we encounter Akazoo! He says that Zelda told him Link would save her (thanks, Zelda). He also says he doesn't underestimate Link - which is SO much better than Ganondorf, who DEFINATELY did in OoT. :P He puts us against a new boss. Guess who? My favorite little ARMOGOHMA!!!!



(Lolz, Temple of Time boss in Twilight Princess! My first ever time fighting him is on this blog! ...Somewhere!)

After defeating him, something that I can't really remember happens. O.o Somehow, he disappears, and Liyer decides to go look for Zaleen. Stalfoss, on the other hand, still wants to go with Link to the Kokiri Forest. I got with Stalfoss - I'd be alone with Liyer on the other hand, since Link would go with Stalfoss no matter what. And I like Link. He is AWESOME. :D

We have to pass through Death Mountain before going to the Kokiri Forest, I guess, because we end up there. We fight an Ice Wyvern. :D



And then... I find an old friend who introduces him as Darunia, the Ruby Sage! Who is DaURina, now, I suppose (STUPID TYPOS). He says he knew my ancestor (Ocarina of Time Link, maybe? O:) and wants to see how strong I am. So... he fights us. Geez. Why does EVERYONE hate us?



After a long battle, he decides we're powerful enough and shows us into his house.



Then he mentions... Saria. Stalfoss describes it as a "pretty name". XD



Daurina introduces us to Jarfasi, a half-earth, half-ice elemental he created. She and Daurina guide us up the mountain and fight some Tektites and an Ice Wyvern with us. :D



(Tektites are creepy on here. ...However, they ARE just the concept art from OoT...)

I'm not sure if this place counted as a dungeon or not, but there was a boss. A weird one. Look, how do you even pronounce that?



As if having yiy-whatever appendages weren't enough, there's a yiyg-thing CORE, too, which constantly HEALS it's appendages, bringing them back to life!



We still beat it, though. Jarfasi is SOOO helpful - she is more powerful than Link! And Daurina boosted on them, so...

After the fight, Daurina reveals that he is the cause for Death Mountain being so icy. Sages aren't allowed to love, but he had a son (and named it Link - why do Gorons seem to like that name so much?), so the Goddesses took away all the lava and every Goron froze to death, including his son. Harsh, Nayru, Farore, and Din. Harsh. XD

That didn't really concern me, though. Somehow, we emerged into the forest, soon later.



(A "magic" forest? REALLY, Daurina?)

And that's about as far as I got! ...Actually, to be honest, I DID get farther (I fought Dark Link again, and met Saria, and then fought the General Akazoo but died). But... I didn't take very many screenshots after that, and... well... I didn't save any of it. So I thought I'd just replay it and take more screenshots this time. XD

This officially ends the LONGEST POST EVER.

1 comment: