Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OoT Update - Usually "swordless" would be bad... but it's pretty awesome. :D

When I think about it... you can't REALLY call this an "update". In Ocarina of Time, I have two files, but both of them are on Ganondorf battle. I could talk about my quest for the bottles on my first file (my second one is SO much better: all bottles, Giant's Wallet, Biggoron sword... ooh! I just realized I don't have Ice arrows on this file yet! O: I need to get those...), but that's not exciting. So instead... I'll talk about the "Swordless Link Glitch!" :)

Um... I dont have much time... so I'll write this quickly!

There are two ways to do it in the first version... One is easy, two is harder, and I don't know how to do either of them. O.o I don't have the first version. The Wii gives you version 1.2, so I have to do a different way that's much, much more complicated and hard.

HOW TO DO IT:

First, start the boss fight with Ganondorf. After you beat him, and he turns into Ganon, then you can activate the glitch.

First, do the "Ocarina Items" glitch with anything. You do that by having a fish in a bottle, freeing the fish, then catching it again so the bottle is in Link's hand. Then do a backflip, and in mid-air press the button with the fish on it and the item you want to play as an Ocarina. If the timing is right, Link will hold the item up to his mouth and be able to play any song on it (bombs are so funny XD). If you want an enequipped Master Sword in your inventory (so that you can deactivate the glitch at any time), play the Sun's Song. You don't have to do this, because your swordlessness can easily be deactivated by going back in time.

Once you play the Sun's Song and have the Master Sword unequipped by in your inventory (if you do that part), do the Ocarina Items glitch again with anything and play any warp song. I play the Lake Hylia one (Serenade of Water) because you can get Epona there right away, but anywhere works.


So, what's this glitch good for? I mean, you can't take out your sword... what's good about that? Well, you can use items on Epona! :)

I played around in Lake Hylia for a bit, trying out a glitch I heard of that lets you get under the ice in Zora's Domain. That was fun, until I got stuck behind the waterfall. O.o

Then I headed to Lon Lon Ranch to play the Obstacle Course game. Then... I found my own glitch! Kinda. Like, it was what everyone else does... but modified.

How to do MY glitch:

First, start the Obstacle Course game in Lon Lon Ranch. Instead of going forward to jump the fences when the game starts, turn around and go the other way instead. At the first fence you go across, go to the side of it so that it's in front of you vertically, and then walk into is verrry slowly. If you get the right angle, Epona will go up on it, and be halfway in the ground. It's weird. XD Then, take out the Ocarina on Epona (since you need the Swordless Link glitch) to fall through her. Then, press B to go back, and use the bow. An annoying sound will come through your speakers (same sound when you do Fierce Diety glitches on MM O.o). To stop it, use a bottle. You can run around and Epona will stay at an angle in the ground with the camera fixed on her while Link runs away in the background. :P

Note: You don't have to get Epona at an angle: it's just funnier. XD

I also experimented with the Map Glitch some more on Twilight Princess, but that's annoying story - a hilarious one. XD

2 comments:

  1. "With every meeting, a parting is sure to follow. But that need not last forever..."
    --Mask Vendor, Majora's Mask

    One of my favorite quotes of all time..

    Hail Zelda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember that! It was at the end of the game. ...That IS a nice quote. ;)

    ReplyDelete