Wednesday, April 28, 2010

FSA Update - Let's play the Get-Thrown-in-Jail game!

It's a fun game, actually. You should try it.

As an summary (since again I don't have much time), I basically beat a level of FSA I've been stuck on forever. Then I tried to infiltrate Hyrule Castle, but I got caught. It reminded me of Wind Waker Forsaken Fortress, so I made a new file and called it "Stupid". O.o

This is what happened. I have been stuck on the Swamp level on the In the Fields area! I get all the way to the graveyard part of it, and then I couldn't figure out what to do. Finally, I got it by breaking a pot entirely by accident and finding a switch and getting the bow, and then I get stuck AGAIN.

This time, I found a house where Dampe is. There was a Power Bracelet in the Treasure Chest there. It says, "You got the Power Braclet! Now you feel like you can pick up anything!"

I remember there were graves in the Dark World I couldn't lift... so I headed there. but I STILL couldn't lift them. Yeah. Lift up ANYTHING. Sure. (Stupid in-game descriptions LIES!)

Darn, time's up already? I didn't even get to the Infiltration of Hyrule Castle part! O.o Well, I PROMISE I'll edit this one... or make another posts. Geez, I have to start these things earlier.

EDIT: See, told ya I would edit it! I made my post first, BEFORE running out of time! :D

So. I can't lift up graveyards... but according to the walkthrough I was forced to look up... I can lift freaking TREES. No gravestones - FULL. GROWN. TREES.

Well, I did it anyway. And then, guess what I found behind the tree? My first ever searchlights! Paige was there, and she wondered what happened when I got found in their light. So I walked into them for her. And instantly, a full army of Ghini appeared and started rushing at me! Almost screaming irl, I started rapidly pressing "B" to ward them off. Finally, they were gone, and the searchlights were still following, providing me with the much-needed light! :)

I found a lantern, and after a few more puzzles and an epic battle with Jallhalla (he's the boss of Medli's temple on Wind Waker!!!! :D) I FINALLY completed the level I had been stuck on for so long.

Now it was on to the last dungeon in the area. Amazingly, it was titled "Infiltration of Hyrule Castle!" Woot! Sounds like my kind of level! xD

I got up a couple screens (and also listened for a while to the music that was unmistakenablely LttP's Dark World theme, which didn't help my nervousness of sneaking into Zelda's own home... kinda), and guess what I found there? SEARCHLIGHTS! My best buddies! :)

This is where the game started. O.o

Paige urged me to get caught by the searchlights, asking me what would happen if I did. I told her I guessed a bunch of guards would come running at me. After what happened LAST time she told me to go into a light, I refused, tring to avoid being caught (luckily, I only had to worry about Green - Vio, being last in line, got into the light a lot of times, but the guards are stupid enough not to notice him, I guess. -.-).

Unfortunately, being inept at this (hey, when was the last time you remember trying to avoid searchlights? I don't know if it's just me, but it doesn't happen often irl O.o), I couldn't keep out of harm's way for long. Eventually, I strayed close enough for the lights to notice me anyway. Oddly, no enemy's came out. A blaring alarm sounding literally EXACTLY like the one when you get caught on Wind Waker echoed around... and I couldn't move! It was then that I remembered what that alarm meant on WW - you were about to be thrown in jail!

And that's exactly what happened.

I had some trouble trying to get out (WW is SO much easier - all you have to do is crawl out of a hole! Not that it helped us much when we played the game the first time... our brightness setting was too low, so... um... I wrote an entry about this once before...), but once I did, I found a passageway (ah, there's the hole XD) back out into where I had entered.

I said to Paige, "Okay, I am NOT going in those searchlights again. No matter what you say, I will not be caught-"

And JUST as I'm saying that, the first searchlight (the one I actually AVOIDED the first time!) saw me. And I was thrown in jail... AGAIN!

It was easier to escape the second time because I had my boomerang, but I just got caught again. After that, I just did it for fun. XD

Well, now, with all these Wind Waker-like searchlights/jails, it made me want to do Forsaken Fortress! So I turned off FSA (I didn't even bother to save, lol, not when I'd done NOTHING. See, this is why I always got my file erased on MM. XD), and got out Wind Waker!

I found a file I didn't need. Actually, it was on Medli's temple. Medli was in my boat when I turned it on. O.o

So I deleted it, and made a new file over it! When it asked what my name was, I said... "stupid." XD

Idk what I was thinking - not to make fun of LoZ, that's for sure. But I wanted to see what Grandma would say, rofl.

And, like I'd expected, I run off to see Grandma - and she says, "Stupid... I've been waiting for you. Stupid, I want you to have these." XDD

Then she tells me to go find Aryll, and I say, "Geez, my sister has a normal name like "Aryll!" And I get, "Stupid?" COME ON!" :P

Yep. Well, I never DID get to the Forsaken Fortress... Paige and Taryn had to go before I could, and without them there to enjoy it with me, I was really bored. XD So I deleted that file, and decided to get on W101 Central.

And that's pretty much it. That's all I did last night. O.o

1 comment: