Saturday, February 13, 2010

Piano Lessons meet Hyrule!

I don't know how many people know this, but I am actually a very active piano player. And apparently, as people tell me, I'm good at it, too. I even wrote a song for it that won a HUGE contest. And I played it in front of everybody at my church. Gosh, that was scary... and I messed up once... xD

But, still, it's never been my favorite thing to do. No, that place has ALWAYS been reserved for LoZ or W101 or reading (or VMK, so long ago, or other games). In fact, I usually hate it. I have to practice for an HOUR everyday, or else I can't do computer, video games, or watch T.V. (not that I ever do that, anyway - seriously, I hate TV, I like, NEVER watch it). And usually I can't read, either. So... what can I do to make this more enjoyable?

Well, a while back, when I was playing Brawl, I took a liking to the song "Midna's Lament" from Twilight Princess. Then I thought, "Well, hey, I know there are Zelda songbooks EVERYWHERE for Ocarinas... why isn't there one for piano?" I did a little research, and guess what? I FOUND SHEET MUSIC FOR MIDNA'S LAMENT (A.K.A. Midna's Desperate Hour)!!!

Since then, I have learned plenty of songs, including Song of Storms (was SO hard to learn at first, with all the jumping around in the left hand, but I can play it really well, now!), Lost Woods (A.K.A. Saria's Song - which is honestly quite hard to play at a lot of parts, particularly the end, but I'm good at it now), Fairy Fountain (every one of my friends who plays Zelda knows this! It's at the file selection of every Zelda game I have), Sun's Song (wasn't hard :P), and Sacred Grove (basically the TP version of Saria's Song). Probably others, too, but I can't think of them now.

I even printed off Termina Field and Ordon Village, but they're so annoyingly hard. Well, Ordon Village isn't so much, but I don't feel like bothering learning it now. I'm focusing on Termina Field, and all I have is the beginning (which is just Sun's Song) and about a page and a half after that (out of three pages). It's REALLY hard, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because it's nearly all drums on the game. It's hard to make a piano replicate the sound of drums, but this music did it pretty well.

Also, I'm planning on printing off Zelda's Lullaby soon. I really want to learn the Blizzetta boss theme, because I am dead serious when I say that has to be THE best Zelda song EVER. I even added it to my favorites on YouTube. The music just looks SO hard, rofl...

I found the music here, if anyone's interested.

15 comments:

  1. thats EPIC i would know i play instruments (drums bass etc, etc...)anyway you have/heard of visualboyadvanced? if not get it its really useful if so GOOD GOOD GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolz, ty for posting! No, I don't have a visual boy advance. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. its an emulator for gameboy advanced and gameboy colour games ill give you a link ;)

    http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/vboyadvance.html

    and heres them for zelda games


    http://www.doperoms.com/roms/gameboy_and_gbc/Legend%20of%20Zelda,%20The%20-%20Oracle%20of%20Seasons%20(U)%20[C][!].zip.html/53876/Legend%20of%20Zelda,%20The%20-%20Oracle%20of%20Seasons%20(U)%20[C][!].zip.html


    http://www.doperoms.com/roms/gameboy_and_gbc/Legend%20of%20Zelda,%20The%20-%20Links%20Awakening%20DX%20(U)%20(V1.2)%20[C][!].zip.html/53664/Legend%20of%20Zelda,%20The%20-%20Links%20Awakening%20DX%20(U)%20(V1.2)%20[C][!].zip.html


    http://www.doperoms.com/roms/gameboy_and_gbc/Legend%20of%20Zelda,%20The%20-%20Oracle%20of%20Ages%20(E)%20(M5)%20[C][!].zip.html/55572/Legend%20of%20Zelda,%20The%20-%20Oracle%20of%20Ages%20(E)%20(M5)%20[C][!].zip.html


    sorry for the long links but they're worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just so you know lucas = nico and this is my wiz101 account name (lvl 1 :P) balance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Well, no. I haven't tried it yet. I don't think I'll be able to use it, though, because I don't have a real Game Boy. I have a DS. I'm saving up my money for two things right now: Zelda Wii (of course!), and a Game Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just found a screen recording thing sso ill post the vid on youtube just for you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2eZ8r2W9zk

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOH!! So you play them on your computer? How does it work? Is it free, or does it cost money?

    ...And, rofl. Stealth Duck? xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Btw, I asked you to be my friend on YouTube. I'm TwilightWakerofTime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qShPL4sTLPk

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qShPL4sTLPk
    other vid is bad

    ReplyDelete
  12. btw i chose this post cause i assumed no one would look at it :P

    ReplyDelete