Thursday, June 23, 2011

OoT 3D - Only to Water Temple? I'm ashamed of myself.

MY 3DS CAME YESTERDAY!

And thus I didn't get on the computer at all. So I have a lot of catching up to do. The only big news I've seen so far is an announced new Legend of Zelda game for Wii U. And there's a few Ocarina of Time 3D glitches... though I have my own. Two of them, in fact. Am I glitch magnet or what?

Maybe I should be filming myself to prove that these actually happened... but I TOTALLY wasn't ready for them. Besides, both had negative effects. In the first glitch I got stuck in place and my sister wasted all my arrows trying to get out of it, and the second glitch stole 100 rupees from me and gave me an unwanted Blue Potion.

...I'm so unlucky!

Enough of that for now. I'll probably explain later in this post. For now... I want to write about what I've been doing on my lovely 3DS.

First off... I'm only in the Water Temple. I know that's sad, especially for me, self-proclaimed Zelda expert. I've been distracted by the other features on the 3DS, though. You really can't blame me! I really did dream of completing the game within the first, day, though. I really hoped to move on to the Master Quest. ...Oh, well. I guess three days it is, yet again. At least I won't spend 17 hours in the Water Temple like my last run.

I started off EXTREMELY excited. I mean... 3D Ocarina of Time! Who WOULDN'T get excited about that? I was marveling over all the little details - Saria's fairy was green now, and the fairies of the other Kokiri looked pink like the healing ones you trap in bottles. And the Great Deku Tree looked amazing!

...But when I realized it was the EXACT same game, I started getting bored. XD

I kept playing, though. I played until I left the Kokiri Forest (where in my confrontation with Saria, her fairy had randomly turned red instead of green! ...What the heck?) and got my ocarina, and went out into Hyrule Field. It was at this point I went to find my sister to tell her how insanely easy this game was (Gohma died in under 3 minutes! I didn't even have the bring her down 3 times like you normally do - only two, and I wasn't ready the first time, lol) and... she kind of took over the game...

And by took over, I mean stole my brand new system from me and started going crazy with the new controls.

After begging her not to get trapped in the cutscene with the owl (Kaepora Gaebora is more evil than Ganondorf. HE is the one we should have been using the Master Sword on!) she accidentally went into Kokiri Forest...

...where everything was covered in a strange pinkish-red glow.

You can imagine how surprised I was at this point. In fact, I was past surprised. I was freaking out. If I remember correctly, forests - especially enchanted Kokiri Forests - should not be red.

So I went back out into Hyrule Field... and everything was red there, too! No! And I immediately blamed my sister, of course. She was the one last messing with the controls... it must have been her fault.

...Well, apparently, since the 3DS is so advanced and all, sunset and sunrise actually bathes everything in a red glow. Hey, makes sense, I guess. But it thoroughly succeeded in confusing and even scaring me at first. XD

If everything suddenly turned red, you'd be, too!

Anyway. The rest of the game is fine, as well - the updated graphics are truly beautiful. I loved looking at the Great Fairy Fountain in 3D (though for the Great Fairy herself, I can't really say) and pulling out the Master Sword...... wow. Just wow. There were a few other minor changes I'd like to mention, especially in the controls, but I'll save those for a later post when I complete the entire game.

For now, let me think... what else was interesting that happened to me in Ocarina of Time 3D so far?

...Well, there are those glitches...

All right. I guess I'll talk about those.

The first one happened when I was hunting Big Poes as an adult. I'd just completed the Fire Temple, and my lack of a fourth bottle was starting to annoy me. To get the fourth bottle (the only one you can get as an adult) you need to catch all ten Big Poes in Hyrule Field (only appearing when you're on Epona) and sell them to the Poe Seller guy in Castle Town. Once you get all ten, he'll give you the bottle.

This one Poe in particular was the one that appears by the tree right outside Lon Lon Ranch. I wasted SO many arrows trying to get him - he kept getting away! And it's impossible to aim that bow in 3D, so I had to turn it off, much to my disappointment (I like the 3D effects!). I rode back and forth, trying to finally defeat that Poe with my bow. And when I FINALLY did, I was so relieved, I immediately rode up to it and dismounted Epona. I walked over to try and talk to the Poe's spirit... but instead I re-mounted Epona. Annoyed, I pressed 'A' to get off her again... but instead talked to the spirit, still on my horse.

I didn't even know that was possible. Is it possible, or was that part of the glitch?

Anyway, everything seemed normal, until I said "catch in bottle" or whatever. The in-game text showed up saying "You caught the Poe's Soul! Sell it to the guy for lots of money!" or whatever. I pressed 'A' and the text disappeared... before immediately reappearing, with the same message.

...What?

And then, when the text disappeared, I couldn't move. O_o

I could L-target (locking on to the spot where the Poe's soul previously was)! I could use my bow (and, upon showing my sister, she wasted the small remainder of my arrows while pressing every button possible to get un-stuck)! But I couldn't move!

Luckily, it was easy to fix. I could still save during this. So... I did. And then I turned it off and back on. Yay.

Still don't know what happened.

The second glitch occurred... would you believe it... within ten minutes of the last one! After turning the game back on I retrieved Epona (who was still standing in the same spot) and headed to Kakariko to buy more arrows (because I'm too lazy to look for them, and I have so many rupees it's nice to spend them every once and a while). After that, out of random boredom I went to the old woman who runs a secondary potion shop behind the main one - you know, the woman that sells you the Blue Potion? Yeah... I went in there, and talked to her...

AND MY RUPEES JUST STARTED DRAINING!

All I did was talk to her!!! That's IT! She even asked, "Ultimate Potion! 100 Rupees" or whatever! And I, still in shock that all my rupees had randomly disappeared, selected "Don't buy."

And then I got a Blue Potion. For no reason! I don't even want one - I was hunting Big Poes, remember? I need my bottles empty to put their spirits in. Worse, now I only have 53 rupees. Well, at least now I won't be throwing away the ones I happen to gain in the Water Temple.

All right, this is a long enough post. Tomorrow (or whenever I finally complete this game) I'll do a full comparison between Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64 (or Virtual Console on Wii, but hey, they're the same thing XD) and what I've noticed changed in Ocarina of Time 3D.

But for now... goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. -Pales- Yeah, I'm DEFINITELY not getting that game now

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT DEVIN. THIS GAME IS A MASTER PIECE. AND MY CHILDHOOD. /seethe
    /rant

    Man. I am jealous of you. All my money is just sucked in by this silly/amazing phone >.<

    ANYWAY, sorry I haven't been commenting (or even reading!) lately.

    Grade nine is a pita. (Pain in the ***)
    Seriously, with all the homework, I barely have time for computers, let alone an awesome blog. :P

    Alright on to the game. You shouldn't worry about the days it takes you to finish. Its far too amazing to worry about that. You can talk to people while on your horse, but then again, they may have removed that. The money stealing witch...can't say I've heard of that before. But games aren't perfect, so I wouldn't worry too much about it (for now, anyway) finally, I really lmao'd at the fairy fountain joke, my brother said the exact same thing, bur in a completely different tone.

    Anyway, I have work to do now, so I gotta bounce. Peace out 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Devin: Oh noes! What did I do? Is it the glitches? Because, I really think that it's just me... I think I'm just weird, and glitches like me... or something...

    @Lucas: WELCOME BACK!!!! I was wondering where you went! I really missed your comments, lol. So you're in grade nine? ...Isn't it summer though? O_o Lol, well, I can understand if it's summer homework. I have some of that, which I reeeeaaallly SHOULD start on... hmm...

    Yeah, you can still talk to people on your horse, fortunately. But I still think that was part of the glitch. You don't necessarily "talk" to the Poe spirits - you more like walk up to them and they talk to you, haha. And... "money stealing witch"... I like that description....

    ReplyDelete