Sunday, June 26, 2011

OoT 3D - On to Master Quest!

Last night, I completed Ocarina of Time 3D. Barely.

I say barely, because my 3DS was running out of power and I think it would have turned off if I hadn't shoved it into a charger at the last moment. It even started blinking red at me on the top as well as the bottom, where the power-glow-thingy is located. I did everything I could think of to conserve power - I even turned off the 3D effects! That was, like, the lowest level I could stoop to. I also turned down the brightness setting to its lowest and turned on power-saving mode (whatever that is). The only thing I refused to change was the sound. I kept the volume on high. I mean, I was watching the credits, and they're pretty pointless without the music.

Speaking of the credits, they surprised me when the music was exactly the same. I'd heard a while back that the song in one of the Ocarina of Time 3D trailers would be used as the credits song. Luckily, I watched the whole thing through, and after you see Link meeting Zelda again in the courtyard, where the credits would end in the original, the song I expected to hear started up, and downward-scrolling, movie-style credits commenced.

Therefore, I unlocked Master Quest. I've been playing it today, and let me tell you how excited I am about this. VERY! It's almost like a new Zelda game! ...Almost. I mean, I already died once! That's great! You'd think it wouldn't be great, but honestly, it is. I rarely die in Zelda games anymore. To have it challenge me so much that I would actually fail like that... in the FIRST DUNGEON... means I'm going to truly test myself in later dungeons to come. Unlike my "less than 3" death goal I made for myself during my recent run of OoT 3D (which I met happily - I got two. The first was a ReDead, the second was Dark Link... I think those are fair deaths...) I'm going for "less than 6". Hopefully I'm not underestimating the difficulty of Master Quest, and I'll actually have to TRY to meet that goal.

At the moment, I'm in Kakariko Village in Master Quest, about to move on to Death Mountain and start the second dungeon, Dodongo's Cavern. I've already gotten my two bottles (which, much to my relief, weren't any different to obtain in this version) and I was JUST about to get Sun's Song (in fact, I closed the cover of the 3DS as I was playing the Zelda's Lullaby that opens the grave into the Sun's Song area XD) when I logged on to the computer. Why? Because... I thought of something.

What happened to Boss Challenge mode?

I'd heard of it multiple times, on many fansites... and yet I'd completely forgotten about it throughout the game! WHERE IS IT?

Apparently, thanks to this wonderful article at Zelda Dungeon, I have to go back to Link's house. Supposedly Sheik told me about it. I guess I wasn't paying attention. XD

I'm ready to try that Boss Gauntlet!

...After getting my Sun's Song on this Master Quest file.

And after this? ...I'm going to try that "Master Sword as Young Link" glitch. And then I'll try all the glitches I know from the original Ocarina of Time on this version, haha. I know quite a few, and according to Zelda Dungeon here, the creators tried their best to preserve the glitches from the old version. Yay! I might still be able to do my swordless glitch! :P

I also apologize that this was not the comparison post I promised - I'm kind of eager to get back to my Ocarina of Time game to do the things I just mentioned above, so I don't want to write a long post like that.

1 comment:

  1. OH MAN. I remember BOOKING IT to my charger at critical moments for all my games. Good times :)

    About the grade nine thing, I had been doing a massive project for extra marks, and I have summer courses cause I need the extra blocks next year for drama, and another elective, so I'll be even MORE busy D:

    Enough about me :P

    The game sounds AWESOME, and I'm glad that they didn't change too much :D and master quest, I remember that on gamecube. Fun times, but damn hard. And boss gauntlet, I really hope its as fun as it sounds. I remember making new accounts so I could pwn the jelly fish thing again and again :P

    Man I remember kakariko village. I think I can still play the theme on my bass. And the sun song. That cavern is some creepy ****. But its worth it :P

    And finally the glitches. Gotta love all the glitches. I remember doing the gameshark flying epona glitch with my brother back when we were young, and he was nice ;P

    Anyway friend is begging me to gtfo his house cause his brother is getting violent. Peeaace out :D

    ReplyDelete